- Delve into the Dungeon
- State of Being
- Happy Endings
- Game Show Edition
- I’m Not Askin’…I’m Tellin’!
- TMI Tuesday: March 4, 2014
- Emotions – the Travis Bickle edition of TMI
- Name a Product . . .
- The Soundtrack of My Life
- Computer Love? I don’t think so . . .
- When Sex Meets Art And Vice Versa
- TMI Styled Permanent Vacation
- TMI Tuesday: April 22, 2014
- Fill in the Blanks
- You are Such a Character?
- Preparing the Body
- Pick One – Another Oddball TMI Tuesday
- Some things to think about
- School Days TMI Tuesday: June 24, 2014
- TMI Tuesday: July 1, 2014
- TMI Tuesday July 22, 2014
This week’s TMI Tuesday questions are all about products and consumer buying habits, not exactly a sexy subject, at least not on it’s surface. But, I’m not your average consumer. I’d like to think that I’d drive most scientists studying consumer behavior more than a little bit crazy. I’d like to think that my values and desires are uniquely individual.
My flogger and whip collection is probably worth more than the vehicle I drive. Outside of my kitchen and bathroom, every room of my home is (at least in some manner) devoted to kink or BDSM. For instance, there’s a St Andrew’s Cross and a DungeonBed in my living room. One entire “bedroom” is in process of being converted to having rock walls worthy of a true dungeon. It’s a unique life, but it’s a wonderful life too . . .
At least from my perspective . . .
At first, this seemed like a silly question. It was hard for me to think of anything so totally unique as to be irreplaceable. To my mind, when discussing products, there are always alternatives. Then it dawned on me that there is one thing I own that’s completely unique.
My slave! I’m VERY fussy about my partner in life, my soulmate, my beloved. The woman I found is a unique match for me.
Her name is Serafina Samadhi. She’s beautiful. She’s sexy. I play with other submissives and masochists, and we do have lots of fun. Wonderful fun. Hot sexy delicious fun. But, none of them could ever replace my Serafina, not even close. I’ve never met another slave filled with such love and genuine desire to serve. Serafina is unique, and she’s uniquely mine!
2. Name a category for which you are fussy about quality and buy top-of-the-line brands.
My tools. OK, so I’m a guy. I like tools. I collect them. I dream about them. I can spend hours shopping online for tools. I’ve driven 3 hours one way just to visit a specialty tool store.
The thing is, my “tools” aren’t the kind of tools you think of when you think of “guy stuff”. I’m not talking drills, nor wrenches, no saws, no air compressors or welding outfits either. I do not dream of implements of construction nor destruction. I consider my tools, instead, to be “implements of instruction”.
But, that’s just a pretentious way to say whips, floggers, paddles, canes, electro-stim devices, violet wands, gags, hoods, blindfolds, and restraints. Lots of restraints.
I wince a little bit (hopefully just inwardly) at the majority of the craptastic toys I see being used in dungeons and play spaces I visit. I don’t play with toys, I use quality tools. There is (in most cases) a real difference between the two. The “travel bag” I put together of gear for use when we are camping (and at the Kinky Kabin) is much nicer than what I see most folks using for their regular play.
3. Name a category for which you are most interested in price, and will buy whatever brand is cheapest.
Even when shopping for an item like clothespins, I don’t just buy the cheapest I can find. There’s too much crap being produced by China to ever even consider purchasing the cheapest available product. The cheapest thing available is likely to be made from toxic ingredients by forced labor under unthinkable conditions. I’ll pass, thank you very much!
“Fuck!” he said with disdain, “I just don’t do this.”1
4. Name a category for which you are unable to find a satisfactory product.
Finding the kind of top quality leather restraints that live up to my standards has proven difficult. It shouldn’t be that way, but it has been. I mentioned earlier in this post that I had lots of restraints, at least in part, that’s because they all fall short in one way or another, so I keep looking.
I’m hoping the Church of Sinvention’s cuffs will meet my standards, I’ll let you know . . .
5. Name a product that has disappeared from the market for which you have been unable to find a satisfactory substitute.
It’s not so much a product as it’s a place where I used to buy products. Once upon a time, there was a store in Chicago called Male Hide Leathers . . .
6. Name a product that you buy that your mother or father used to buy.
7. Name a product that you won’t buy because your mother or father used to buy it.
8. Name a product that is over-rated.
9. Name a product that is under-rated.
Anything from FunFactory
Bonus: If there was one product that you would re-invent or improve, what is it?
I’m just old enough to know that the world will beat a path to the man who invents a better mousetrap.
- And I’m not the one who say’s Oh Fiddle either! ↩