- Introduction to 30 Days of Kink
- Dom, sub, switch? What parts of BDSM interest you?
- List Your Kinks!
- How did you discover you were kinky?
- Any early experiences that, in retrospect, hint at your kinks?
- What was your first kinky sexual experience?
- Describe Your Most Interesting Sexual Fantasy
- What’s Your Favorite Toy?
- Post A Kinky Image You Find Erotic
- Post a Kink Related Song You Enjoy
- What are your hard limits?
- What are your views on the ethics of kink?
- Tell Us About A Humorous Kink Experience
- What is the appeal of BDSM? Why am I drawn to kink?
- How Does Real Life BDSM Differ From Fantasy?
- Post a kink related song or music video you enjoy.
Serafina has already used my first choice.
The very best song available to answer this query, Because the Night by Patti Smith, was her selection.
It’s an iconic song for us, having been selected for Serafina’s collaring ceremony.
She crawled down the aisle, down a red carpet, nearly naked and blindfolded, to me at the start of the ceremony while the song played.
But, back when I started down the 30 Days of Kink’s list of questions, I already anticipated letting Serafina use Because the Night as her answer to this question.
So, I was prepared with an alternative already in mind.
Released in 1962, Etta James’ Prisoner of Love is an absolute classic.
And while it may not have originally been intended as a metaphor for a D/s or M/s relationship, it certainly works well when placed inside the context of kinky and poly relationship dynamic.
Alone from night to night you’ll find me
Too weak to break the chains that bind me
I need no shackles to remind me
I’m just a prisoner of love
What’s the good of my caring when someone is sharing
Those arms with me
Although he has another
I can’t have another
For I’m not free
He’s in my dreams awake or sleeping
Up on my knees to him I’m creeping
My very life is in his keeping
I’m just a prisoner of love.
Etta James ~ 1962 ~ Prisoner of Love