- Introduction to 30 Days of Kink
- Dom, sub, switch? What parts of BDSM interest you?
- List Your Kinks!
- How did you discover you were kinky?
- Any early experiences that, in retrospect, hint at your kinks?
- What was your first kinky sexual experience?
- Describe Your Most Interesting Sexual Fantasy
- What’s Your Favorite Toy?
- Post A Kinky Image You Find Erotic
- Post a Kink Related Song You Enjoy
- What are your hard limits?
- What are your views on the ethics of kink?
- Tell Us About A Humorous Kink Experience
- What is the appeal of BDSM? Why am I drawn to kink?
- How Does Real Life BDSM Differ From Fantasy?
- Day 7: What’s your favorite toy?
I love my toys, I love all of them.
I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it before, but I actually have more than a little bit of a fetish for collecting tools for BDSM play. So, this is perhaps a more difficult question for me to answer than it might be for some others.
And, while it may be true that I don’t love them all equally, I do truly cherish everyone of the many BDSM tools in my collection. They all have a special place in my heart. Most of them are associated with special memories as well.
In fact, one of my favorite things to do when someone new is invited to my home is to simply give them a tour of the dungeon and toy collection. So, asking me to pick a favorite toy is a bit like asking a parent to pick a favorite child.
With that said, I don’t want to make my answer sound like a retelling of Sophie’s Choice or anything like that. I like the analogy of my toys being like children, but let’s not get too carried away. If I did have to choose I’d be heartbroken, but not devastated for life.
My first instinct would be to choose “floggers” as a toy, and bring my entire collection on board. And, even as recently as 6 months ago, floggers would have been my final answer to the burning question of the day, “What’s your favorite toy?”
Ah, but that was before I began to use single-tail whips.
In the last eighteen months I’ve really “geared up” on whips. In that time, I added a 3′ signal whip, a 4 1/2′ signal whip, a 6′ bullwhip, a 3′ stockwhip, and two 4′ mini-bullwhips to my collection of BDSM tools.
I’ve also practiced throwing my single-tail whips on a daily basis. Not only is continual practice necessary to master a tool like the single-tail, all those whips require at least a little breaking in too.
Vic Tella’s whips[ 2. Vic is the proprietor of snakewhip.com] are notoriously stiff upon delivery. Until they’ve been properly broken in, they have a tendency to look more like long lewd erections rather than the coiled snake like shape we tend to associate with whips.
Stiff, tight-laced whips are actually a good thing. The tighter a whip is laced, the better it’s going to transfer the energy when I throw it. That’s going to translate into superior performance and accuracy. But it does mean there’s a significant break in period as the whip learns to shape itself to better conform to the energy of my throws.
So, there’s no denying that my favorite toy is the single-tail. At least that’s today’s answer . . .