- Introduction to 30 Days of Kink
- Dom, sub, switch? What parts of BDSM interest you?
- List Your Kinks!
- How did you discover you were kinky?
- Any early experiences that, in retrospect, hint at your kinks?
- What was your first kinky sexual experience?
- Describe Your Most Interesting Sexual Fantasy
- What’s Your Favorite Toy?
- Post A Kinky Image You Find Erotic
- Post a Kink Related Song You Enjoy
- What are your hard limits?
- What are your views on the ethics of kink?
- Tell Us About A Humorous Kink Experience
- What is the appeal of BDSM? Why am I drawn to kink?
- How Does Real Life BDSM Differ From Fantasy?
- Explain as best you can what the appeal of kink/BDSM is to you? Why are you drawn to what you’re drawn to?
Why is always the most difficult question for me.
Please ask me when, what, or where. Those are questions I can likely answer.
But ask me – “Why?” – that’s a different story.
And, to be honest, that’s almost always been true. It was even true for the childhood games I once played.
Use CLUE® as an example. The game asked us to solve the who, what, and where. But, we don’t have to know why.
It was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick in the conservatory.
How succinct and simple. No need to discuss the colonel’s mental state or motivations. Just knowing he committed the crime was enough!
Ahhh, life should be so simple . . . .
If I’m going with “simple”, the simple answer for what the appeal of BDSM is to me, is that it’s fucking hot! If you don’t realize that, you’ve wandered over to the wrong blog by mistake. Please go back to Facebook
with my sympathies.
If I have to explain that, you’ll never get it!
I do it because kink is exhilarating and enthralling. BDSM makes my head spin, my heart race, and my dick throb.
Is that good enough for you?
As to why any particular person is drawn to kink, present company included, I just don’t think anyone knows that part. Theories have been proposed, but there’s been very little real research.
Some try to tie our predilections to abuse, but I’m just not buying that one. Too many in our community had “normal” childhoods without abuse for that to be the single defining factor for our community.
In the end, we are really a microcosm of the rest of the world. We are your neighbors and coworkers. Some of us in the kink world are serious, some are silly. All socio-economic backgrounds are present, we come from all professions and walks of life.
I’m drawn to kink the same way someone else becomes a model train enthusiast. My obsession with BDSM isn’t that much different from the way someone else might have turned their AMWAY business into a lifestyle.
BDSM is my lifestyle. Kink is my hobby.
The worlds of kink and BDSM are realms where I feel at home. I’ve simply found subjects that fascinate me, and I’m running with it.
Don’t ask me why . . .
Just love me for how I am!
What is the appeal of BDSM? Why am I drawn to kink?